- Jan Inge Jenssen, professor, dr.oecon.
- Date of birth: 20th of June 1960
- Nationality: Norwegian
- Civil status: Married, 3 children
- Address: Agder University: Serviceboks 422, 4604 Kristiansand, Norway
- Phone: (47) 95810507
- E-mail: Jan.I.Jenssen@hia.no
- 1999: Dr.oecon. Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Bergen, Norway.
- 1988-1993: Higher degree ex. in administration, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
- 1982-1985: Can. mag. ex. in Administration, Agder University College
- 2011- date Agder University, Head of department and professor
- 1990 – date: Agder University: Full professor from 2005 (and associate professor from 1990)
- 1988-1990: Agder Research Foundation: researcher
- 1987: Sirdal Municipality: Administrative director (rådmann) and consultant.
- 1986 -1987: Agder Research Foundation: research assistant
- Perspectives on Entrepreneurship. Norwegian Academic Press, 2006. Editors. Jan Inge Jenssen; Lars Kolvereid, Bodø Graduate School of Business; Truls Eriksen, University of Oslo. Author of these chapters: Introduction to entrepreneurship (Coauthored with Kolvereid and Erikson), Ch 6: Business idea and product development (Coauthored with Magne Våge), Ch. 8 Organizing and networking in entrepreneurship, Ch. 14: Entrepreneurship i the Norwegian society (Coauthored with Kolveried)
- European Maritime Clusters. Delft University Press, DUP Satellite, December 2003.
- Planning and Action (text book), Kommuneforlaget (the publishing company is owned by all municipalities and counties in Norway), Oslo, Norway, 1990/1998 (co-writer).
- Local Government Economics and Administration (text book), Norwegian Academic Press, 1999 (co-writer)
- Church Growth (1995), Rex Publishing Company, Norway (text book).
Entrepreneurial networks: A study of the impact of social networks and resource access on the start-up of new organizations (comparing business and church entrepreneurs). Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, 1999.
- Shneor, Rotem and Jenssen, Jan Inge (2014): A comparison of factors influencing male and female students’ entrepreneurial intentions. Forthcoming as an article in an anthology by Palgrave Macmillan book.
- Jenssen, Jna Inge and Nybakk, Erlend (2013): Inter-organisational Networks and Innovation in Small, Knowledge-intensive Firms: A Literature Review International Journal of Innovation Management. International Journal of Innovation Management. Fortcoming in Vol. 16, Issue 2.
- Nybakk, Erlend; Lunnan, Anders; Jenssen, Jan Inge, Crespell, Pablo (2013): The importance of social networks in the Norwegian firewood industry. Biomass and Bioenrgy. Forthcoming. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0961953412004874
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Erlend Nybakk (2011): Innovation strategy, working climate, and financial performance in traditional manufacturing firms: An empirical analysis. International Journal of Innovation Management. Vol. 15, Issue 2.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Åsheim Kari (2010): Organizational innovation promoters and performance effects in small knowledge intensive firms. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Vol. 11, Issue 1.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2010): Entreprenørskap i et nettverksperspektiv. Teoretisk forankring, sentrale temaer, begreper og sammenhenger. Kapittel i vitenskapelig antologi. Boktittel: Økonomi og tid. 18 essays i Pufendorf-tradisjon. Redaktører: Sødal, Sigbjørn og Knudsen, Jon.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2010): Perspektiver på interorganisatoriske nettverk og innovasjon i små kunnskapsintensive virksomheter. Kapittel i vitenskapelig antologi. Boktittel: Mysterion, strategike og kainotomia. Redaktører: Harald Knudsen, Joyce Falkenberg, Kjell Grønhaug og Åge Garnes (red.)
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Nybakk, Erlend (2009): Inter-organizational innovation promoters in small and knowledge-intensive firms. International Journal of Innovation Management. Vol. 13, Issue 3
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2009): Innovation and maritime clusters. Kapittel i vitenskapelig antologi. Boktittel: Shipping Innovation Redaktører: Wijnolst, Niko and Wergeland, Tor. IOS Press.
- The Performance Effect of Innovation in Shipping Companies. Maritime Policy and Management. Av JanInge Jenssenand Trond Randøy. An international journal of shipping and port research (Taylor & Francies), Vol. 33, Isuue 4, 2006.
- Social networks, resources, and entrepreneurship. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IP-Publishing). Jan Inge Jenssen, 2001, 2(2)
- The effect of founding family influence on firm value and corporate governance. Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting (Blackwell Publishers). Jan Inge Jenssen, Chandra Mishra (Oregon State University) and Trond Randøy. Vol. 12, Issue 3, 2001.
- The Effect of Social Networks on Resource Access and Business Start-up, European Planning Studies (Taylor & Francies), Jan Inge Jenssen and Harold F. Koenig (Oregon State University). Vol. 10, Issue 8, 2002.
- Public intervention in the entrepreneurial process. A study based on three Norwegian cases. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research (Emerald). Jan Inge Jenssen and Per-Anders Havnes. Vol. 8, issue 3, 2002.
- Factors that promote innovation in shipping companies. Maritime Policy and Management (Taylor & Francies). Av Jan Inge Jenssen and Trond Randøy. Vol. 29, issue 2, 2002.
- Does the degree of redundancy within social networks influences the success of business start-ups? Av Jan Inge Jenssen and Arent Greve. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research. Vol. 8 issue 5, 2002 (Emerald).
- Corporate governance and board effectiveness in maritime firms. International Journal of Maritime Economics. Av Trond Randøy, John Down (Oregon State University) og Jan Inge Jenssen. Issue 1, 2003.
- Innovation, capabilities, and competitive advantage in Norwegian shipping. Av Jan Inge Jenssen. Maritime Policy and Management. An international journal of shipping and port research (Taylor & Francies). Vol. 30, Issue 2, 2003.
- Sub-cultures and entrepreneurship: The value of social capital in Tanzanian business. Journal of Entrepreneurship (Sage). Vol. 13, Issue 1, 2004.
- How do corporate champions promote innovations? A literature review. Coauthor Geir Jørgensen. International Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. 8, Issue 1, 2004 (Imperial College Press).
- Board independence and product market competition in Swedish firms. Coauthor: Trond Randøy and Sanjay Goel. Corporate Governance. An International Review. Volume 12, Issue 3, 2004 (Blackwell Publishing).
- Management by objectives in municipalities – only for the elite? Jan Inge Jenssen and Kjell Harvold. Norsk Statsvitenskapelig Tidsskrift nr. 1/90.
- Oregon State University, College of Business: Sabbatical : August 1996 - June 1997 and August 2000 – June 2001,
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California. January 1993 to June 1993,
- University of Mzumbe, Morogorro, Tanzania.
- Regent University, Virginia beach, june-july 2012
Reviewer: For International Journal of Innovation Management
Commissions and committees:
- Evaluation committee for professorship at Norwegian School of Management within the area of entrepreneurship, 2007.
- Evaluation committee for professorship at the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration within the area of organization and leadership, 2008.
- Opponent for PhD candidates at Bodø Graduate School of Business and the Norwegian School of Theology.
- PhD advisory committee at the University of Agder and at Bodø Graduate School of Business
- Commission for evaluation of a study on master lever for the accreditation committee in Norway (NOKUT), 2002
- Evaluation committee for associate professorship at the University of Oslo within the area of entrepreneurship, 2007.
- Director of the center of Entrepreneurship at the University of Agder since 2004.
- Chairman of the board in a publishing company (2005-2011) (Høyskoleforlaget, Norwegian Academic Press),
- A private school (Oasen skole limited), 2002-date
- Oasen Church (NGO) (2002-date)
Leadership in research projects
- Goal directed management in municipalities (1990)
- Innovation in shipping (1999-2000)
- Innovation in shipping (2000-2002)
- The viability of the European Maritime cluster (2002-2004)
- Innovation in small knowledge intensive companies (The Research Council of Norway) 2003-2009