- Jan Inge Jenssen, professor, dr.oecon.
- Date of birth: 20th of June 1960
- Nationality: Norwegian
- Civil status: Married, 3 children
- Address: Agder University: Serviceboks 422, 4604 Kristiansand, Norway
- Phone: (47) 95810507
- E-mail: Jan.I.Jenssen@hia.no
- 1999: Dr.oecon. Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Bergen, Norway.
- 1988-1993: Higher degree ex. in administration, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
- 1982-1985: Can. mag. ex. in Administration, Agder University College
- 2016-date: Professor at Agder University, School of Business and Law, Department of Management
- 2011-2015: Agder University, School of Business and Law, Associate dean (COO 2013-14) and Head of department (2011-2013) and professor
- 1990 – date: Agder University: Full professor from 2005 (and associate professor from 1990)
- 1988-1990: Agder Research Foundation: researcher
- 1987: Sirdal Municipality: Administrative director (rådmann) and consultant.
- 1986 -1987: Agder Research Foundation: research assistant
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Sørensen, Sten (2019): Sustainable Church Life/Bærekraftig Kirkeliv. Hermon Folag. 2019 (popular scientific book)
- Perspectives on Entrepreneurship. Norwegian Academic Press, 2006. Editors. Jan Inge Jenssen; Lars Kolvereid, Bodø Graduate School of Business; Truls Eriksen, University of Oslo. Author of these chapters: Introduction to entrepreneurship (Coauthored with Kolvereid and Erikson), Ch 6: Business idea and product development (Coauthored with Magne Våge), Ch. 8 Organizing and networking in entrepreneurship, Ch. 14: Entrepreneurship i the Norwegian society (Coauthored with Kolveried)
- European Maritime Clusters. Delft University Press, DUP Satellite, December 2003.
- Planning and Action (text book), Kommuneforlaget (the publishing company is owned by all municipalities and counties in Norway), Oslo, Norway, 1990/1998 (co-writer).
- Local Government Economics and Administration (text book), Norwegian Academic Press, 1999 (co-writer)
- Church Growth (1995), Rex Publishing Company, Norway (text book).
Entrepreneurial networks: A study of the impact of social networks and resource access on the start-up of new organizations (comparing business and church entrepreneurs). Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, 1999.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2019): How Can Strategic Leadership be Applied to the Development of the Local Church? A Discussion of Content and Process. Scandinavian Journal of Leadership and Theology. Vol 6.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2018): Leadership and church identity. A discussion of how leadership in the local church can help to realize the true nature of the church. Scandinavian Journal of Leadership and Theology. Vol 5.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2016): How should churches work with change? A discussion of the relevance of organizational theoretical perspectives for changes in churches. Scandinavian Journal of Leadership and Theology. Vol 3.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2015): Inspirational Sources for Church Development. A Discussion of Selected Topics from the Church Growth Movement and from Offshoots that Arose in its Wake.Scandinavian Journal of Leadership and Theology. Vol 2.
- Shneor, Rotem and Jenssen, Jan Inge (2014): A comparison of factors influencing male and female students’ entrepreneurial intentions. Forthcoming as an article in an anthology by Palgrave Macmillan book.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2014): Leadership, Organization and Spiritual Gifts in the Church. Scandinavian Journal of Leadership and Theology. Vol 1.
- Jenssen, Jna Inge and Nybakk, Erlend (2013): Inter-organisational Networks and Innovation in Small, Knowledge-intensive Firms: A Literature Review International Journal of Innovation Management. International Journal of Innovation Management. Forthcoming in Vol. 16, Issue 2.
- Nybakk, Erlend; Lunnan, Anders; Jenssen, Jan Inge, Crespell, Pablo (2013): The importance of social networks in the Norwegian firewood industry. Biomass and Bioenergy. Forthcoming. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0961953412004874
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Erlend Nybakk (2011): Innovation strategy, working climate, and financial performance in traditional manufacturing firms: An empirical analysis. International Journal of Innovation Management. Vol. 15, Issue 2.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Åsheim Kari (2010): Organizational innovation promoters and performance effects in small knowledge-intensive firms. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Vol. 11, Issue 1.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2010): Entreprenørskap i et nettverksperspektiv. Teoretisk forankring, sentrale temaer, begreper og sammenhenger. Kapittel i vitenskapelig antologi. Boktittel: Økonomi og tid. 18 essays i Pufendorf-tradisjon. Redaktører: Sødal, Sigbjørn og Knudsen, Jon.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2010): Perspektiver på interorganisatoriske nettverk og innovasjon i små kunnskapsintensive virksomheter. Kapittel i vitenskapelig antologi. Boktittel: Mysterion, strategike og kainotomia. Redaktører: Harald Knudsen, Joyce Falkenberg, Kjell Grønhaug og Åge Garnes (red.)
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Nybakk, Erlend (2009): Inter-organizational innovation promoters in small and knowledge-intensive firms. International Journal of Innovation Management. Vol. 13, Issue 3
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2009): Innovation and maritime clusters. Kapittel i vitenskapelig antologi. Boktittel: Shipping Innovation Redaktører: Wijnolst, Niko and Wergeland, Tor. IOS Press.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Randøy, Trond (2006): The Performance Effect of Innovation in Shipping Companies. Maritime Policy and Management. An international journal of shipping and port research (Taylor & Francies), Vol. 33, Issue 4, 2006.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2001): Social networks, resources, and entrepreneurship. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IP-Publishing), 2(2)
- Randøy, Trond; Mishra, Chandra (Oregon State Univ.) and Jenssen, Jan Inge (2001): The effect of founding family influence on firm value and corporate governance. Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting (Blackwell Publishers). Vol. 12, Issue 3, 2001.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Koenig, Harold F. (Oregon State University) (2002): The Effect of Social Networks on Resource Access and Business Start-up, European Planning Studies (Taylor & Francies), Vol. 10, Issue 8.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Havnes, Per-Anders (2002): Public intervention in the entrepreneurial process. A study based on three Norwegian cases. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research (Emerald). Vol. 8, issue 3.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Randøy, Trond (2002): Factors that promote innovation in shipping companies. Maritime Policy and Management (Taylor & Francies). Vol. 29, issue 2.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Greve, Arent (2002): Does the degree of redundancy within social networks influence the success of business start-ups? International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research. Vol. 8 issue 5, (Emerald).
- Randøy, Trond; Down, John (Oregon State University) and Jenssen, Jan Inge (2003): Corporate governance and board effectiveness in maritime firms. International Journal of Maritime Economics. Issue 1.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge (2003): Innovation, capabilities, and competitive advantage in Norwegian shipping. Maritime Policy and Management. An international journal of shipping and port research (Taylor & Francies). Vol. 30, Issue 2.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge, Kristiansen, Stein (2004): Sub-cultures and entrepreneurship: The value of social capital in Tanzanian business. Journal of Entrepreneurship (Sage). Vol. 13, Issue 1.
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Jørgensen, Geir (2004): How do corporate champions promote innovations? A literature review. International Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. 8, Issue 1, (Imperial College Press).
- Randøy, Trond; Goel, Sanjay and Jenssen, Jan Inge (2004): Board independence and product market competition in Swedish firms. Coauthor: Corporate Governance. An International Review. Volume 12, Issue 3 (Blackwell Publishing).
- Jenssen, Jan Inge and Harvold, Kjell (1990): Management by objectives in municipalities – only for the elite? Norsk Statsvitenskapelig Tidsskrift, Issue 1.
- Oregon State University, College of Business: Sabbatical: August 1996 – June 1997 and August 2000 – June 2001,
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California. January 1993 to June 1993,
- The University of Mzumbe, Morogorro, Tanzania.
- Regent University, Virginia beach, June-July 2012
Reviewer: For International Journal of Innovation Management
Commissions and committees:
- Evaluation committee for a professorship at Norwegian School of Management within the area of entrepreneurship, 2007.
- Evaluation committee for a professorship at the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration within the area of organization and leadership, 2008.
- Opponent for PhD candidates at Bodø Graduate School of Business and the Norwegian School of Theology.
- PhD advisory committee at the University of Agder and at Bodø Graduate School of Business
- Commission for evaluation of a study on the master lever for the accreditation committee in Norway (NOKUT), 2002
- Evaluation committee for an associate professorship at the University of Oslo within the area of entrepreneurship, 2007.
- Director of the center of Entrepreneurship at the University of Agder since 2004.
- Chairman of the board in a publishing company (2005-2011) (Høyskoleforlaget, Norwegian Academic Press),
- Chairman of four private Schools, 2002-date
- Chairman of Oasen Church (NGO) (2002-date)
Leadership in research projects
- Goal-directed management in municipalities (1990)
- Innovation in shipping (1999-2000)
- Innovation in shipping (2000-2002)
- The viability of the European Maritime cluster (2002-2004)
- Innovation in small knowledge-intensive companies (The Research Council of Norway) 2003-2009